What's new

RT-AC66U ipv6 DNS issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ThinSTAR

New Around Here
Hi All,
I was hoping someone can help. I have set up ipv6 on my system, and it works. My problem is that my RT-AC66-U sets itself up as ipv6 DNS server and thus I can't connect to my domain, or internal services. It looks like it trows my DNS request out on the wan port.
It might be my ipv6 setup that is wrong, but it was running fine until a few months back. and I have been running ipv6 for a year. I have specified my dns in the router config, but it still only uses its own ip.
Can I use putty and manually change the DNS the router gives out?
I'm running Merlin 378.56_2
Enable Router Advertisement yes on the router, turning it off gives no DNS to the clients. my dc/dns/dhcp server is running but does not give out any ipv6 address.

Any tip on how to configure either the router or a windows dhcp server is much appreciated.

in the LAN -> DHCP page there's a setting "Advertise router's IP in addition to user-specified DNS". Maybe that can help?

I too am finding IPV6 DNS issues. Clients on my network are getting the IPV6 address but no DNS server information. IPV6 test sites say my IPV6 DNS is correct, all green lights, etc. Given its only SOME of my clients, I don't know if its the router or those clients. Just learning but I too am not seeing IPV6 DNS information passed along to all clients.

Hi all, I'm trying this one again, anyone have a suggestion?

Might there be a command I can try since the GUI is not letting me specify DNS for IPv6.

Or rather, the router sets it selves as DNS no matter what DNS I specify, If I remove router advertisement, ipv6 does not work.

In ipv6 logs the correct settings is there, but my clients say the router is the DNS together With the correct IPv4 DNS for my server.

I really hope I can fix this, until now I have disabled ipv6 to add clients to the domain, and re-enable ipv6, it Works but I still get some issues connecting to internal recourses.

Hope someone have some suggestion on what to try.

Edit: Specification

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!