What's new

RT-AC66U LinkAgg working need help with VLAN and static routes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pehesis

Occasional Visitor
Hi

I could use some help with setting up my network my current configuration is

network.fw.png

Everydevice on the network is controlled by the DNS/DHCP server and has their own static IP. When i enable the Link Aggregation on the RT-AC66u and the DGS-1224t everything work fine for a few hours then everything come to a crashing halt. im thinking that the DHCP leases have expired and are not being renewed, so i guess that would mean the devices are not talking to the DHCP server. Any new device after the link aggregation is enabled will not connect to the network regardless of current VLAN

So im thinking i might have something to do with VLANS on the RT-AC66U i noticed under GENERAL>TOOLS>SYSINFO it shows the 5 ports and the VLAN currently assgined

WAN - VLAN2
P1 - VLAN1
P2 - VLAN1
P3 -VLAN3
P4 -VLAN4

I new to VLAN and static routes and not sure how to implement them on the RT-AC66u. I have read some where about VLANs and they should have there own seperate subnet so i was think about creating 2 subnets. Everything that connects through port 1 / vlan1 will be 192.168.2.0 and everthing on LinkAgg p3/4 will be on 192.168.1.0 the RT-AC66U will also be on the 192.168.1.0 subnet

Any info would greatly be appreciated

Last edited:
Disconnected my dgs-1224t switch cause it dont support 302.3ad link aggregation LACP and powerd my old switch a 3com 3812 which does support 302.3ad everything seems to be woking fine however when checking on the link status on the switch it says that LACP in not enabled, even thought it is enabled on the 2 ports connected to the router, maybe the router dont support LACP fully

any thoughts

Disconnected my dgs-1224t switch cause it dont support 302.3ad link aggregation LACP and powerd my old switch a 3com 3812 which does support 302.3ad everything seems to be woking fine however when checking on the link status on the switch it says that LACP in not enabled, even thought it is enabled on the 2 ports connected to the router, maybe the router dont support LACP fully

any thoughts

Turns out that LACP is supprted i think i have setup my server with port bonding 302.3ad and enabled it on the switch and they works great. when i do it with the router it seems to works, however i have trouble with certain tasks like server updates they take forever. i Disable LinkAgg on the router and everything work super fast.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!