What's new

RT-AC66U location

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thomas Wallace

New Around Here
So I am still having issues with this and no one has seemed to figure it out maybe some one here can help my Asus Rt-AC66u is causing my phones to show i'm in a different state I bought the router second hand and it works fine speed whys but when I connect my phones wirelessly they keep saying a different time zone/ location and I've tried everything I can think of.. Inside the router it is set to central time which I'm in but my phones keep switching to mountain time. I have noticed that from some reason my system log will not clear it dates back way before I owned it and for some reason if I get it to clear out for a little while my phone will work correctly and say the right time/location. but then they switch back and I check the router again and all of the old log information is back in it. I even tried flashing it to the newest Merlin update and it seemed to help a little bit but not completely fixed. does anyone have a clue on what to try or is there away I can get the router to pull a new IP address to re sync? Because I have tried it at work (I work for an ISP) and it links up and works fine with a different IP and with my phones wirelessly at work no problem but I'm not running on fiber 1 Gig like I am at home...

You can clone the MAC address from another device on your network via your router that will force your ISP to issue a different IP address and hopefuly one that matches your geo location. I know this works for cable internet not sure if yours will be the same.

So I am still having issues with this and no one has seemed to figure it out maybe some one here can help my Asus Rt-AC66u is causing my phones to show i'm in a different state I bought the router second hand and it works fine speed whys but when I connect my phones wirelessly they keep saying a different time zone/ location and I've tried everything I can think of.. Inside the router it is set to central time which I'm in but my phones keep switching to mountain time. I have noticed that from some reason my system log will not clear it dates back way before I owned it and for some reason if I get it to clear out for a little while my phone will work correctly and say the right time/location. but then they switch back and I check the router again and all of the old log information is back in it. I even tried flashing it to the newest Merlin update and it seemed to help a little bit but not completely fixed. does anyone have a clue on what to try or is there away I can get the router to pull a new IP address to re sync? Because I have tried it at work (I work for an ISP) and it links up and works fine with a different IP and with my phones wirelessly at work no problem but I'm not running on fiber 1 Gig like I am at home...

Did you factory reset the router and reload firmware before you started to use it?

Did you factory reset the router and reload firmware before you started to use it?

I did a reset on it by just using the reset button is there away to do a full factory reset back to it original firmware and then re upgrade firmware? I did know I can clone the MAC but haven't done that yet was hoping there was another fix first and wasn't quite sure how to do the process of cloning the MAC I was looking at it online but haven't tried to do that yet..

Doing any type of full factory reset will not roll back the firmware, you will have to manually flash what ever firmware you want to run then perform a fatory reset and reconfigure. But this process will NOT change your public IP address. The only way is have your ISP reset your IP (unlikely) or change the device behind your modem or clone a mac address from another device on the network. Some ISP will releae your IP if you leave the modem unplugged for some lenth of time but most will still never change they are dynamic but VERY sticky.

Doing any type of full factory reset will not roll back the firmware, you will have to manually flash what ever firmware you want to run then perform a fatory reset and reconfigure. But this process will NOT change your public IP address. The only way is have your ISP reset your IP (unlikely) or change the device behind your modem or clone a mac address from another device on the network. Some ISP will releae your IP if you leave the modem unplugged for some lenth of time but most will still never change they are dynamic but VERY sticky.

I work for the ISP that is supplying the service... and I've released it and it de-authenticated it many times still pulls the same IP. Do you know the process to clone a locale mac? and does the device you cone have to be connected all the time?

It has been a long time since i played with mac cloning but i am sure someone will chime in here with the exact process i know its easy to do and it will change your IP. Maybe you could start another thread titled cloning mac address with AC-66U.

I work for the ISP that is supplying the service... and I've released it and it de-authenticated it many times still pulls the same IP. Do you know the process to clone a locale mac? and does the device you cone have to be connected all the time?

If you connect your laptop to the modem and get an IP address and everything looks ok (location etc) then you can use the laptops mac address as the clone, but you have to do it on the router. You should be able to do mac cloning on the routers WAN page..

If you connect your laptop to the modem and get an IP address and everything looks ok (location etc) then you can use the laptops mac address as the clone, but you have to do it on the router. You should be able to do mac cloning on the routers WAN page..

Just curious, did you do an IP LOOKUP on the IP Address that you are getting for your ISP?

Just curious, did you do an IP LOOKUP on the IP Address that you are getting for your ISP?

Yet on my laptop connected IP look up its dead on my location and it is hitting my ISP correctly also. So basically I just need to clone my laptop MAC to the Router.. Hopefully someone will have a process for that I think its fairly easy the way it looks in the router but I'm still unsure of it..

Yet on my laptop connected IP look up its dead on my location and it is hitting my ISP correctly also. So basically I just need to clone my laptop MAC to the Router.. Hopefully someone will have a process for that I think its fairly easy the way it looks in the router but I'm still unsure of it..

You should be able to do mac cloning on the routers WAN page. It's pretty clear.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!