What's new

RT-AC66U randomly reset itself to factory defaults?? Log attached Pls help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ryanoc75

New Around Here
Hi

I have recently reflashed and reset my RT AC66U merlin build 376.47 as requested by RMerlin himself because the router was randomly forgetting port forwards and DHCP reservations etc. That seemed to work brilliantly and the router has been very stable for nearly a month with no issues to report.

Then randomly on Nov 30th late in the evening the router just rebooted itself back to factory defaults? No warning signs, nothing? I have attached the syslog saved from the unit as soon as I was able to set it up again, perhaps someone can take a look and provide some guidance as to what may have caused this. Thankfully someone was home and able to connect teamviewer to the default Asus wifi so I could access the unit.(I'm 2.5 hrs away) Thanks in advance for your help.

Question - Are the remote access web settings enabled or disabled by default - is there any way to change the default?

Attachments

• syslog-5.1.txt
    19 KB · Views: 367
  • syslog-5.2.txt
    12.8 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
Remove all usb devices and see what happens.
I would put the router in recovey mode and flash official firmware with the recovery tool, the perform a factory reset using
mtd-erase -d nvram comand .

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!