What's new

RT-AC66U Wired Guest Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mattmcquiff

New Around Here
So I am trying to configure my router to have a wired guest network on port 4. Ideally I would like to limit its bandwidth to 50% on the internet.

Now I found this article
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/f...guest-network-for-asus-merlin-rt-ac68u.18969/
And below is for the AC66

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# force LAN port 4 to use the Guest Network for RT-AC66U
robocfg vlan 1 ports "1 2 3 8t"
robocfg vlan 10 ports "4 8t"
vconfig add eth0 10
ifconfig vlan10 up
brctl addif br0 vlan10
ebtables -t broute -I BROUTING -p IPv4 -i vlan10 --ip-dst 192.168.1.0/24 --ip-proto tcp -j DROP
ebtables -t filter -I FORWARD -i vlan10 -o ! eth0 -j DROP
ebtables -t filter -I FORWARD -i ! eth0 -o vlan10 -j DROP

On Port 4 I then have it connected to a Draytek Modem. I was hoping that everything connected to the draytek would go through the port 4 as guest network.

I'm having difficulty testing as I to be honest I don't know what tool to use for it. All I can do is on the ASUS router page I can still see all the connected devices using the IP 192.168.1.x I was expecting them to use a different IP adress i.e. 192.200.1.x

I'd be grateful for any help here. Even a recommendation for what equipment I should buy.

My wireless guest clients get assigned IPs from the same DHCP pool as other clients.
AFA testing, can you log-in to the Draytek from the private LAN? If so, seems like it isn't isolated. And if it isn't isolated, it isn't effective for implementing a Guest network.

BTW, I don't think you want to hang a modem off the LAN port. Is it a combo modem/router?