What's new

[RT-AC66U] Wireless Device Internet Disconnects

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nieren

New Around Here
Hi,

I recently purchased an RT-AC66U Asus router for my home network and I'm having some issues with the internet connection for wirelessly connected devices. The connection to the router appears strong and the devices don't have any issue connecting and staying connected to the router but the internet intermittently disconnects on these devices (shows 'limited connectivity' message). I also have a PC connected to the router via Ethernet cable and it has no connectivity issues.

The wireless devices include four laptops and two Android phones and all devices experience this issue. The 'Limited Connectivity' issue appears to happen randomly for each device (not all devices loose internet at the same time). Disconnecting and reconnecting a device to the router immediately solves the issue.

Any ideas for troubleshooting? I don't believe it's the ISP since Ethernet cable connected devices don't have any issues. All of the devices mentioned seem to function fine on other wireless networks and with my previous Tenda router. I'm also in a suburban area with only a few other networks in range.

I've tried the following so far:
-Updated the router firmware (now version 3.0.0.4.385_20253-gb338b0e)
-Power cycled the router
-Reset the router to factor defaults several times
-Updated laptop wireless adapter drivers
-Deleted the 'remembered' wireless connection on the laptops/Androids and reconnected to the router

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!