What's new

RT-AC68U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.380_2717

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I installed this firmware yesterday on my RT-AC68U. Has been running fine and it seems to have incorporated the bug fixes and additional features from the previous beta release (I.e 2.4ghz bug with NAT acceleration disabled, Traffic Analyzer)

The Facebook WiFi option is located in the Guest Wireless menu and is disabled by default.

But yeah Asus should have elaborated on the release notes to make note of bugfixes instead of just mentioning Facebook WiFi.

shauno100, thanks for clarifying that previous fixes were included and more information regarding Facebook WiFi option:)

AiCloud App on iPhone not working...used to work with 3.0.0.4.380.1842 but not with 9.0.0.4.380.2695 (beta)
Anybody?

This 2717 is turning out to be the worst firmware release in 2.5 years of owning this router.

Two big problems faced so far in 3 days.

1. Router hangs after few hrs. I mean PPPoE shows connected but there is no LAN or WiFi activity.
2. Menus take forever to load.

I have tried NVRAM reset through WPS button method as well as tried to upload 2717 firmware through Emergency recovery. Both give same above two problems.

So as newer models of ASUS routers are released, ASUS has to degrade the experience of old routers? Are we looking at a Planned Obsolescence strategy?

This 2717 is turning out to be the worst firmware release in 2.5 years of owning this router.

Two big problems faced so far in 3 days.

1. Router hangs after few hrs. I mean PPPoE shows connected but there is no LAN or WiFi activity.
2. Menus take forever to load.

I have tried NVRAM reset through WPS button method as well as tried to upload 2717 firmware through Emergency recovery. Both give same above two problems.

So as newer models of ASUS routers are released, ASUS has to degrade the experience of old routers? Are we looking at a Planned Obsolescence strategy?

Can't confirm that, no difference to previous beta version for me. Only issue is that iOS AiCLoud App is not connecting...
For me Asus web chat offers excellent service. Only takes a couple minutes to connect with them.

Also ASUS Router iOS App only working locally for me...

Confirmed. Even 9.0.0.4.380.2695 beta is causing same wifi hangs.

After 1 day, I get
Code:
<html><html>
on my wireless devices and no web pages open. The only solution is to reboot the router.

Newest firmware 3.0.0.4.380_3264 resolved all the issues with AiCloud for me, so it's working until Asus updates firmware again... :)

Can anyone explain me the issue with Facebook WiFi?

In nutshell, the problem I've got that Facebook WiFi redirects an authorized user to my check-in page provided the user has requested a web page using HTTP. However the router wouldn't redirect the user to the page if their browser or application using HTTPS protocol.

Most web services or applications like Facebook, Messenger, YouTube etc nowadays work with HTTPS meaning that any user allows to connect to my Open Facebook WiFi Access Point and without further Facebook WiFi authentification get free access to my Internet. What the heck?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. What more surprised me is that Asus has recently released a new firmware that doesn't include Facebook WiFi feature. Asus support team is the most horrendous support team I've ever spoken to. I felt like I was talking to an answer machine.

Can anyone explain me the issue with Facebook WiFi?

In nutshell, the problem I've got that Facebook WiFi redirects an authorized user to my check-in page provided the user has requested a web page using HTTP. However the router wouldn't redirect the user to the page if their browser or application using HTTPS protocol.

Most web services or applications like Facebook, Messenger, YouTube etc nowadays work with HTTPS meaning that any user allows to connect to my Open Facebook WiFi Access Point and without further Facebook WiFi authentification get free access to my Internet. What the heck?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. What more surprised me is that Asus has recently released a new firmware that doesn't include Facebook WiFi feature. Asus support team is the most horrendous support team I've ever spoken to. I felt like I was talking to an answer machine.

hi there
Same problem on my side, the router do not redirect to my facebook page, even on HTTP sites. for you, it works for HTTP sites ? not for me

I contacted Asus and they told me my router is defect, But I don't want to believe. I'm sure the problem is the firmware. So, Why they don't include Facebook Wifi on their latest firmware update ? I installed the latest update to be sure, and yes the option isn't there.
Somebody fixed this issue?

Same issue for me. I wrote to Support Asus to explain the problem and ask if there will be a firmware upgrade.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!