What's new

Release RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.385.20633 [2020.08.14]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The router firmware update utility refuses to load the release notes, I noticed the same with 3.0.0.4.385.20630 :
Capture.PNG

Firmware updated anyhow, let's see what it brings or broke.

imo only security fix (one changes in log compared to previouse version)

How’s the new 633?
Any performance enhancement?
My RT-AC68U functions according the spec, wireless speed as expected with the given client adapters and the ISP subscription as it was almost since ever with very many past firmware versions (e.g. 3.0.0.4.385.20253 and 3.0.0.4.384.81039 were known bad).
With my best wireless client on 5 GHz I do hit the ISP subscription max of 600/600 Mbps.

Did you have to install it manually? My router is still showing 3.0.0.4.385.20632 as the latest firmware when I check in the web UI.

Did you have to install it manually? My router is still showing 3.0.0.4.385.20632 as the latest firmware when I check in the web UI.
I did a manual install, but it was also found by the router itself.
The download link is here:

I also figured that at the Asus website the release notes and download link usually first appear under:
Driver & Tools Tab > Windows 10 - 64 bit
Instead of the BIOS & FIRMWARE Tab

I have found a couple of bugs with this firmware. When using a USB modem and dual WAN if you remove the WAN cable and it switches over to USB modem then plug the WAN cable back in to switch back to WAN 0 the main page thinks WAN 0 is disconnected and Internet Traffic disappears from Traffic monitor until a reboot.

I have found a couple of bugs with this firmware. When using a USB modem and dual WAN if you remove the WAN cable and it switches over to USB modem then plug the WAN cable back in to switch back to WAN 0 the main page thinks WAN 0 is disconnected and Internet Traffic disappears from Traffic monitor until a reboot.
Did this ever work properly in older firmware?
Does it, after failure of the wired WAN, change correctly to the USB modem?
After connecting the WAN cable, does it generate entries in the system log?
It is not uncommon for fail-over systems to work one time only: after the first failure it fails-over, if the first failure is corrected a manual action is often required to revert to the original situation.

It used to work on DSL-N55U Beta but bugs seem to have crept in, and I haven't tested if it works after the 2nd failover.

Testing a couple of times it doesn't revert it needs a reboot.

After I had installed it last week, my guest network that I use for IoT devices stopped working. Reverting back to the older firmware fixed the issue immediately. I don't recall if I rebooted, but that's usually my first trouble-shooting activity.
Did anyone else experience this issue with their guest networks dropping ?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!