What's new

Rt-ac68u in combination with Nexus 5 speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lislet

New Around Here
Hi guys.

I have a Rt-ac68u (John's fork V15) connected with a few wireless devices. I tried to use iperf to check the connection speed to my Nexus 5 (on AC 433mbps) and it got about 130mbit. On the web i have seen people reaching around 200mbit on 5ghz. Any tips on settings to improve my performance? Tried flashing to original firmware and it made no difference. I tried changing some of the settings to increase my bandwidth, but only the tweaking of the beacon interval gave me a few mbps improvement.

My wireless coverage is very good throughout my house, but even on testing 1 meter from the router the results never go above 130mbps. In online speedtests i almost always get 100mbps, while my connection is 200mbps. In a few weeks i will be going to 1000mbps down/up fiber (yey!), so I would like to maximise the available bandwidth for all my devices.

Setup:
RT-AC68u (running at 1200-800, actively cooled)
John's fork V15 newest release

Any tips?

Thanks guys

It's the CPU of the device. You can't tweak the network to make the phone faster than it is.
Nexus 6 is going up to around 200mbps.

TBH I don't think you need that much bandwidth for the device, there are just that many things you can do with a phone; streaming full HD movies it's most likely the most bandwidth intensive service, but that doesn't require not close enough to 130mbs.

It's the CPU of the device. You can't tweak the network to make the phone faster than it is.
Nexus 6 is going up to around 200mbps.

TBH I don't think you need that much bandwidth for the device, there are just that many things you can do with a phone; streaming full HD movies it's most likely the most bandwidth intensive service, but that doesn't require not close enough to 130mbs.

That is strange, because i found a few reviews that showed 200mbps on a Nexus 5.

But you are right, the bandwidth has an upper limit in useability. Its just as a geek we want faster faster faster.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!