What's new

RT-AC68U interesting feature on new firm 20942 ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Grisu

Part of the Furniture
Hi

After upgrading to recent 20942 in AP-mode (factory reset done) changed some settings in admin-page and after apply I saw this buggy screen with 2 new features.

WPS-button
Energy Save Mode: full power/auto/power save

Screenshot-2018-5-23 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC68U - System.jpg

Had to login again and never came up again.
Seems to be some hidden feature.
Can we change it with SSH?

energy saving feature is present in new models like 86u and gt ac5300.

That page layout indicates there is a Javascript error preventing it from properly displaying, so you might be seeing options available on different models rather than those specific to your model.

Thanks for prompt answer, thought I found a nice feature :p

Do you know what they have done that even after all kinds of factory reset it will show my language on inital pages and later on too instead of default english it has been before 20942 update after a factory what should be normally, otherwise its not factory reset!

Thanks for prompt answer, thought I found a nice feature :p

Do you know what they have done that even after all kinds of factory reset it will show my language on inital pages and later on too instead of default english it has been before 20942 update after a factory what should be normally, otherwise its not factory reset!

I don't know, I haven't seen the code for that new release.