What's new

RT-AC68U Major Drama / Bricked :-)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nutz2U2

Occasional Visitor
Hi Guys,

Well dramas galore with this router that I love so much.

Updated the router to latest Merlin Firmware - then was told to manually turn off / on at the end.

Well that was the last time my baby worked -

Symptom-

Power on - only USB2.0 lights up - without USB drive connected.
Wired LAN lights light up - whenever cable is connected.
Power Light, Wi-Fi, Internet, USB3.0 are all turned off (USB3.0 off even with Drive connected).

Have done factory default reset - reset button and WPS button options - Power Light does not flash.

Then tried the 30 / 30 / 30 reset option - again nothing.

Will be trying the "throw against the wall" option shortly :mad:.

Are there any other emergency reset options I am not aware of ??

Now before anybody gets offensive/defensive - I AM NOT BLAMING THE FIRMWARE - one of the reasons
I bought the ASUS router is because of my appreciation of RMerlin's Firmware over others.

The upgrade tells me it completed but somehow I think the router is maybe "confused".

Any thoughts ???

Thanks for everyone's ideas and help.

BUT IT IS A NO GO.

Time for new router / hub ... With VPN ..

I feel sorry for you, but this happened also to me some time ago with the AC68U: it looked bricked after firmware update. Only the power LED was flashing fast after power on.

Funny enough after some days I tried again and the router booted into the firmware!
I could do a factory reset, but when turned off/on the router to be sure it did not come back online - again fast flashing power LED and nothing else.

So, in my case it looks like a hardware fault - got a new AC87U and I was happy again.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!