What's new

[RT-AC68U@Merlin] Missing function "disable hourly network rescans"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DashDevil

New Around Here
Hello community,

since Merlin version 380.58 (20-Mar-2016) there is a function in "Tools -> Other Settings" that should do the following: "One of new settings there lets you disable hourly network rescans, to resolve issues with NAS/printers coming out of sleep every hour" (from Changelog). I installed Merlin on my Asus RT-AC68U to activate that function cause my homeserver is waking up every hour since I got the ASUS router. But I cant
find a function which is called like this!? In the advanced Tweaks and Hacks section I only have the following points:
- Samba: Enable SMB2 protocol (default: No)
- Memory Management: Regularly flush caches (default: Yes)
- Miniupnp: Enable secure mode (default: Yes)
- DLNA: Rebuild entire database at start (default: No)
- Firewall: Drop IPv6 neighbour solicitation broadcasts (Comcast fix) (default: No)

Do you have a clue whats wrong here? Or am I too dumb to find that function in the admin interface?

Thanks in advance
Dash

ASUS removed the hourly rescan.....so starting with Merlin 380.61 the option is no longer necessary and has been removed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!