What's new

RT-AC68U on Merlin Frozen Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

VJ K

New Around Here
I am hoping someone can shed some light on this intermittent problem.

I have the RT-AC68U running Merlin 378.52_2 that was installed around 7 weeks ago. Before these last 7 weeks I had the stock Asus firmware for 3 months without issue.

Over the last 2 weeks the router intermittent "freezes" a total of 3 times. When this happens I cannot access the router using the local IP, cannot access any devices connected to the network (server, etc) and wired connections become limited access on Windows 8. I cannot access the internet either. The only way to resolve this issue is to reset the router by unplugging it. If it is a firmware issue, I find it odd that it worked fine for 5 weeks and now just started giving problmes in the last 2 weeks. Anybody have any suggestions? I have made no changes to the configuration since I updated to the Merlin firmware. Thanks in advance.

Maybe keep an eye on the temperatures to see if it is over-heating?

I'll suggest to install 378.53 instead of trying to hunt down this issue.

I would also recommend after flashing to the latest version to do a reset to factory defaults and then manually and minimally configure the router to secure it and connect to your ISP.

Consider using new ssid's for both bands too (or, forget and re-associate every device that connects to your network).

No reason to stay with the old firmware at this point. And, you may want to wait for 378.54 is out too (soonish).