What's new

RT-AC68U Port Forwarding issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

node

Occasional Visitor
I am running the AC68U with Merlin 376.44 which works well, however, I will like to know how to set under Port Forwarding the SAME port to other IP addresses on the DHCP?

When I try I get an error saying the port is used.

Any help would be appreciated.

What are you trying to achieve by doing this?

What are you trying to achieve by doing this?

I have 3 TV boxes at my home, they are all come with one port by default set, which I cannot change in the firmware.

I can gain access directly with DDNS client running on the boxes. With IP address and Putty ,port and Protocol. I cannot open the same port on the router to three different IPs on it, to gain access to either box I want.

Can you help?

Sorry, this I can't help with this. Hopefully others can.

I am running the AC68U with Merlin 376.44 which works well, however, I will like to know how to set under Port Forwarding the SAME port to other IP addresses on the DHCP?

When I try I get an error saying the port is used.

Any help would be appreciated.

That's not technically possible. The router would have no way of knowing to which of the three IPs it must forward traffic coming on that port. That's why each port forward must have a unique external port. What you are trying to do basically is having one single door that opens to three different room at the same time.

If what you want is simply remote access, then have a different external port for all three. For example, have 8000 pointing to port 80 of the first device, 8001 pointing to port 80 of the second device, etc...