What's new

RT-AC68U reporting malicious phishing site

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

banger

My Asus RT-AC68U has Trend Micro AIProtection enabled in its firmware. It is reporting that it has blocked a malicious phishing site and which machine it was on. Only thing is I dont recognise the web address so cant be a link or typed url. I have an automated tester running but at the times it runs dont coincide with Trend Micro blocking the site.

Anyone know how to track this down?

My Asus RT-AC68U has Trend Micro AIProtection enabled in its firmware. It is reporting that it has blocked a malicious phishing site and which machine it was on. Only thing is I dont recognise the web address so cant be a link or typed url. I have an automated tester running but at the times it runs dont coincide with Trend Micro blocking the site.

Anyone know how to track this down?
An ad from a site you visited most likely

Yes I have an adblocker ultimate in my FF browser just wondering how it got past that?

Many thanks, so far today TM is not reporting it so maybe AU has been updated.

Could-be a built in application ad, or an adware installer that was run while installing a program.

Could-be a built in application ad, or an adware installer that was run while installing a program.
Yea been racking my brain to see if I have installed anything but dont think so. It hasn't repeated in days after so all good.

Now that I have upgraded to 386 Beta RC2-3 Trend Micro includes the source program and it is Gigabyte which I instantly know was the Gigabyte Utility App which I have uninstalled. Useful that TM now includes source program info.

Last edited:
Trend Micro includes the source program and it is Gigabyte

This was the source MAC, not the source application. All the router can tell is what was the MAC address, and identify the manufacturer through OUI. The router has no way to identify the application.

Ahhh, that would be the motherboard then. More racking needed.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!