What's new

RT-AC68U unable to flash back from Merlin ( 3.0.0.4.374.39) to stock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pdog1980

New Around Here
Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me. I have installed the Merlin build 3.0.0.4.374.9 to my RT-AC68U. From reading the readme file included in the zip, I should be able to restore back to the Asus firmware by simply downloading the firmware and re-flashing it back. I have tried this with the following:

RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_378_6065-gefe6fd0.trx
&
RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_378_4850-g727db45.trx

Once it gets to 100% and states completed, I have refreshed the browser and it is still on the Merlin build. After reading on these forums I have tried then performing a factory reset (from the GUI and holding the reset button on the router for 5 seconds) unfortunately it hasn't helped.

I may come back to a merlin build in the future but can anyone please provide with any help on how I can flash back to the Asus firmware please?

I have been trying for the last few hours and have been unsuccessful.

Thanks

Andrew

I may come back to a merlin build in the future but can anyone please provide with any help on how I can flash back to the Asus firmware please?
The latest code levels require a change to the rootfs structure with a CFE update. To move from a 374 code level to ASUS 378 you have to either:

First load 376_3626 if using ASUS OEM firmware
First load the latest Merlin 378 release

After doing either of the above you'll be able to load the ASUS 378 releases.

Thank you so much for your reply. Just grabbing the:

3.0.0.4.376.3626 official, will load this and then reset it as per the article. I will report back.

Ah just reading your post again, I am currently on the merlin build. So I would need to run the latest Merlin build (378) to allow me to then use the latest Asus firmware

Thank you so much for your reply. Just grabbing the:

3.0.0.4.376.3626 official, will load this and then reset it as per the article. I will report back.

Ah just reading your post again, I am currently on the merlin build. So I would need to run the latest Merlin build (378) to allow me to then use the latest Asus firmware

You can switch back and forth between Merlin and ASUS....so you could load either one. You just need a code level which supports the required CFE update.

You just need a code level which supports the required CFE update.

Which means that folks probably shouldn't be tweaking their CFE files, or one can find oneself down a path with no return...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!