What's new

Rt-ac68u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I hope US release will follow soon.

Same here. Definitely not paying the exorbitant US$310 (S$399) SRP here in Singapore.

Wow, this price is harsh, considering that now you can get a decent mid-range router like C7 for a half of that. I hope it will at least deliver some mind-blowing performance to justify such expense.

Last edited:
Seems I never buy a router at the right time , just bought the AC 66U and now they have the ac 68 u . Would the dual core make a big difference , I have no USB disc attached , but do have a server and a NAS attached that are in constant use .

Seems I never buy a router at the right time , just bought the AC 66U and now they have the ac 68 u . Would the dual core make a big difference , I have no USB disc attached , but do have a server and a NAS attached that are in constant use .

LAN performance wouldn't gain anything from the dual core CPU.

For the RT-AC68U launch date, I would still consider this as being a rumour for the time being. Asus hasn't made any official announcement about mass availability yet.

Not so sure it is just a rumor.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/comex-2013-353/asus-comex-2013-a-4360656.html

Item number 5 is the AC68. People are even asking what sort of free gifts will come with it. Those familiar with the computer shows in Singapore (4 per year, held during school holidays) will know that while the prices aren't special (no discounts from the SRP), distributors will throw in freebies.

I'm not sure if they mean they will be demoing it (like they did with the RT-AC56U back in June, and it only hit retail a month later) or they will be actually selling it.

I'm not sure if they mean they will be demoing it (like they did with the RT-AC56U back in June, and it only hit retail a month later) or they will be actually selling it.

Well, it's only a few more days so we will know. I hope that by publishing the yet unknown SRP later, they are looking to push some units out of the door.

The only downside other than the cost is that we won't be able to run your version of the firmware. Makes me want to reconsider replacing my 2 units of AC66 running your most excellent firmware for two units of AC68 running a beta firmware. :)

The only downside other than the cost is that we won't be able to run your version of the firmware. Makes me want to reconsider replacing my 2 units of AC66 running your most excellent firmware for two units of AC68 running a beta firmware. :)

I plan to eventually support the RT-AC68U, it will all depend on when I can get one to develop on. Thankfully most of the hard work was done while implementing support for the RT-AC56U, so it shouldn't be as painful.

Well, the first batch of the AC68 routers just made it to the computer exhibition here in Singapore as it opened at noon today.

Understand that all units have been sold out by the end of the day.

Default UI.

It's on dual WAN at default settings with fail over on USB port, hardware revision ~ A1 and stock firmware ~ 3.0.0.4.374.107

Time to donate to merlin people

It's more a matter of availability really. The router hasn't launched yet (it was a limited stock launch at Comex), and my contact at Asus in the US only had one unit for his own lab.

Hi Guys, Long time lurker; just registered.

I literally just purchased the AC66U and going to have it delivered today. Now reading about the 68U I am tempted to return it and wait a tad longer. I paid $195 after tax.

Do you guys think I should wait?

I literally just purchased the AC66U and going to have it delivered today. Now reading about the 68U I am tempted to return it and wait a tad longer. I paid $195 after tax.

Why would you even bother? Besides bragging rights, how are you going to take advantage of the 600 Mbps link rate in 2.4 GHz?

This and the Linksys EA6900 announced today are just marketing ploys to suck money from your wallet.

There is no word as to when it will become widely available, nor what will be its price. I suspect it might cost quite a bit more than the AC66U.

The biggest benefits of the AC68U over the AC66U:

- 600 Mbps support on the 2.4 GHz band if you have a card that supports it
- Faster CPU for better VPN performance, better Download Master performance, or faster WAN speed if you need to enable a feature that disables HW acceleration (not needed unless your Internet connection is faster than 150 Mbps)
- USB 3.0 port, for faster file sharing if you use that feature

So, it really depends on your needs, your budget, and how long you are willing to wait.

There will always be new products that are better than what's available now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!