What's new

RT-AC86U and Merlin firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wizard

New Around Here
Have, for the first time, upgraded to Asuswrt-Merlin firmware on the 86U. Will I have to download a file of a newer version of AM everytime or will the 86U find it? I think if I were to check for a firmware update from within the 86, it will install the Asus one and not the AM one.

Have, for the first time, upgraded to Asuswrt-Merlin firmware on the 86U. Will I have to download a file of a newer version of AM everytime or will the 86U find it? I think if I were to check for a firmware update from within the 86, it will install the Asus one and not the AM one.

IIRC the "check for update" function is linked to Merlins personal webserver, but it will only give you a download link/notification not automatically complete the upgrade process.

IIRC the "check for update" function is linked to Merlins personal webserver, but it will only give you a download link/notification not automatically complete the upgrade process.

Thanks. I can do a manual file update then.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!