What's new

Resolved: RT-ac86u Download Master disabled

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MED

New Around Here
Resolved: see post 7. Thanks to ASUS France.

after installing download master on an external hard drive impossible to activate when I click on it wrote ''download master disabled'' I tried several external hard drive several flash disk , same problem with the application that installs on my Windows computer at the beginning it makes the connection and after no longer finds the server.FW 3.0.0.4.384_45149-g467037b
Screenshot_2019-02-21 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - Applications USB.png
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
Capture3.JPG

Last edited:
I am also having the same problem on my AC86U with the lastest official firmware. It downloads and installs, then in the end when I try to run it, it says it is disabled. After that it just vanishes from the USB Applications, just like in the last screenshot. I wonder if it works in the Merlin's firmware for AC86U

Reactions: MED
I am also having the same problem on my AC86U with the lastest official firmware. It downloads and installs, then in the end when I try to run it, it says it is disabled. After that it just vanishes from the USB Applications, just like in the last screenshot. I wonder if it works in the Merlin's firmware for AC86U
So did u tried Merlin's firmware? tell me if it works

No I haven't because the official version is working mostly fine for me except this problem and some occasional hiccups.

No I haven't because the official version is working mostly fine for me except this problem and some occasional hiccups.
Finally I tried with the firmware Merlin (384.9) but it does not work, it's the same problem of "download master is disabled" I returned to the original firmware because I find it more stable. I hope we find a solution because I use the torrents a lot.

Oh okay. Thanks for testing it out. Lets wait for some expert opinion or the next official firmware version then.

The problem is solved; thanks to the support of Asus France. I got their answer by email:

"Thank you for requesting support from ASUS.
I come back to you to inform you that Taiwan confirms that the models currently compatible with the USB application with FW 384.45149 will have this problem,
Bug already confirmed, and official release FW in March,
Two short-term solution below,
1. downgrade to the earlier version of the firmware that can execute the master download correctly,
2. For customers who have already installed the previous version, you may want to advise them to manually enter the address below to enter the main user interface of the download, port number 8081 is the default port number. If the user changes his own port number, he can replace 8081 with the customization port,
http://router.asus.com:8081
We remain at your disposal, Mr.........., for any additional questions and we wish you a good day.
SAV ASUS France
http://www.asus.com/fr/support/ "

Capture0.JPG

Last edited:
Is this an issue from Asus?
or from this rom?
I have installed the latest beta 1 (384.10) and this app is still not there.
thxs!

Is this an issue from Asus?
or from this rom?
I have installed the latest beta 1 (384.10) and this app is still not there.
thxs!

It's a bug in Asus' code.

I also have this problem with the currently latest 3.0.0.4.384.45149 firmware, so I downgraded it to 3.0.0.4.384.21140 and now it works. The only thing I have noticed is that when a torrent is downloaded, it seeds with about max. 40Kbps, although it should upload with much more for sure. Anybody else noticed this one? Would it be better to install transmission/rtorrent, would that change anything for the better download/upload speed?

Last edited:
Hi Merlin.

I am a AC68U user and the same issue with me.
So.... it is known to be an ASUS bug.
Is there any way to fix it?
What is the latest know version with it operational?

Thanks!

I am waiting also for the corrected rom...
until this happens I´m using the solution 2 of the message #7

Hi Merlin.

I am a AC68U user and the same issue with me.
So.... it is known to be an ASUS bug.
Is there any way to fix it?
What is the latest know version with it operational?

Thanks!

Just directly access the Download Master URL for now.

I don't know when it broke and when it will be fixed. My personal opinion of Download Master is: don't use that. Bad idea.

Resolved: see post 7. Thanks to ASUS France.

after installing download master on an external hard drive impossible to activate when I click on it wrote ''download master disabled'' I tried several external hard drive several flash disk , same problem with the application that installs on my Windows computer at the beginning it makes the connection and after no longer finds the server.FW 3.0.0.4.384_45149-g467037b
View attachment 16340 View attachment 16341 View attachment 16342 View attachment 16343

Thanks man, i spent a whole day configuring this god damn router, and trying to figure this out!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!