What's new

RT-AC86U more than 90% ran usage normal?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

terminator

Regular Contributor
I have had this router for a couple of years on Merlin firmware but didn't get a chance to do any add-ons. A couple of days ago I installed some. I used to have ~70% memory usage. Now, I have -

- Open VPN Server (was running before).
- AMTM
- Diversion with PixelServ
- Skynet
- AI Trend (was running before)

The memory usage now is above 90%. I am afraid that when there is heavy load no memory will be available that might slow down the network or even crash the router. I wanted to install a couple of more add-ons but have paused at this point. The CPU is mostly at 1-5% (it was getting constantly high with uiDivStats but removed that).

What's others take on this who run similar stuff? Is my over 90% usage normal, and if so is it a cause for concern (should I try disabling some stuff to get that down)?

EDIT: If I am reading this correctly, pixelserv-tls, amas_lib, dnsmasq are taking about 10% each.

PID PPID USER STAT VSZ %VSZ CPU %CPU COMMAND
1353 1 nobody S 51292 11.6 0 0.3 pixelserv-tls 10.1.1.100
1125 1 user S 50704 11.4 1 0.0 amas_lib
1618 1 nobody S 47144 10.6 0 0.0 dnsmasq --log-async

Last edited:
Read the other 100 posts about "my ram is 90%".
Your search suggestion - bold above - yielded the below result ... :eek: ... ;).
ram-high.JPG

@terminator - see this post https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac86u-high-ram-usage.60926/#post-537049
Natural to be concerned about high RAM usage to begin with - but definitely Chill and Enjoy.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!