What's new

RT-AC86U Very Strange Problem After Update To Firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3831

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NightmareTuga

Regular Contributor
Hi, iam Portuguese, sorry my bad English

Router Ac68U

Before updating to the official firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3831, just to test these new firmware, i have merlins firmware 380.59, and my nvidia shield tablet K1 can connect to 5Ghz band in router, using merlins firmware.

After update to official firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3831, my shield tablet k1 cant find the 5GHz Band, only 2.4GHz.

I rollback to merlins firmware 380.59 and all works fine.

There are a solution?our is just another bug?

Thanks for the help

Probably the 5ghz channel is set on 'auto' and an off the chart channel is set. So it cannot be seen by your K1. Resolution: set it manually to a channel in the 48-58 range.

Hi, iam Portuguese, sorry my bad English

Router Ac68U

Before updating to the official firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3831, just to test these new firmware, i have merlins firmware 380.59, and my nvidia shield tablet K1 can connect to 5Ghz band in router, using merlins firmware.

After update to official firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3831, my shield tablet k1 cant find the 5GHz Band, only 2.4GHz.

I rollback to merlins firmware 380.59 and all works fine.

There are a solution?our is just another bug?

Thanks for the help
Tried WiFi survery before reverting the firmware?

Probably the 5ghz channel is set on 'auto' and an off the chart channel is set. So it cannot be seen by your K1. Resolution: set it manually to a channel in the 48-58 range.

After update, i dont touch in wireless configuration, with others officials firmwares these kind off problem never happen.

Can you explain what i have to do, please?

Thanks

After update, i dont touch in wireless configuration, with others officials firmwares these kind off problem never happen.

Can you explain what i have to do, please?

Thanks
It can happen with all firmwares.
Just go into the router, go to wireless settings 5Ghz and change the channel listed.

by the way how we see if the router reboot for himself or crash or lost connection?

is that the place: System Log - General Log? i dont understand where i can see that

Thanks

Yes, right there.

Regarding the 5GHZ problem, check what channels are available when you try to select it manually and what channel is select in AUTO mode.

Yes, right there.

Regarding the 5GHZ problem, check what channels are available when you try to select it manually and what channel is select in AUTO mode.

ok thanks, i wll check.

but there are many senteces right there lol codes i dont understand, the only thing i know is uptime lol there are a specific sentence?

Reboot itself / crash defer, so they can be different, regarding lost connection information it depends also, ex: if it's a PPPoE connection the message will come from the pppd daemon, the best thing to do is analyse the entire syslog message and search for the error you are looking for, if registered.

Last edited:
Reboot itself / crash defer, so they can be different, regarding lost connection information it depends also, ex: if it's a PPPoE connection the message will come from the pppd daemon, the best thing to do is analyse the entire syslog message and search for the error you are looking for, if registered.

Many Thanks