What's new

RT-AC86U with Merlin firmware, left panel UI blank

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jpthsd

Regular Contributor
I just purchased RT-AC86U (Mar 2020 manufactured, Made In Vietnam). So I upgraded to latest AC86U AsusRwt Merlin firmware 384.17 (not yet restored to default manufacturer setting after upgrader to Merlin firmware)..

Everytime I access, browse to Wireless' professional menu and AiProtection, the left panel all blank white as shown in the screenshot..

Anyone has any advice to fix this problem? maybe a manufacturer reset/restore will help?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 2020-06-02_11-12-43.jpg
    2020-06-02_11-12-43.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 196
I just purchased RT-AC86U (Mar 2020 manufactured, Made In Vietnam). So I upgraded to latest AC86U AsusRwt Merlin firmware 384.17 (not yet restored to default manufacturer setting after upgrader to Merlin firmware)..

Everytime I access, browse to Wireless' professional menu and AiProtection, the left panel all blank white as shown in the screenshot..

Anyone has any advice to fix this problem? maybe a manufacturer reset/restore will help?

Thank you!

Read this and then reset.

OE

Thank you
Read this and then reset.

OE

Thank you very much,,,,I have another RT-AC86U arriving soon, is it correct to understand that upgrading to the Merlin latest version and do the manufacturer restore? It will be a brand new-brand new !! so even if it is brand new, it should be done the reset or restore after the merlin firmware flash?

Yes, even brand new needs a full reset to factory defaults afterward. :)

yep, just did it and reconfigured manually the whole brand new (arrived) RT-AC86U with latest merlin.

I found out that UI menu blank/whiteout error that might have been related to browser caching. It did the same thing with brand new one and I then used Firefox and everything works great!

I might have to clear the browser cache my edge chromium and Google Chrome (both did have the same with the brand new)

yep, just did it and reconfigured manually the whole brand new (arrived) RT-AC86U with latest merlin.

I found out that UI menu blank/whiteout error that might have been related to browser caching. It did the same thing with brand new one and I then used Firefox and everything works great!

I might have to clear the browser cache my edge chromium and Google Chrome (both did have the same with the brand new)

Mehh,,,still did the same thing after clear browser caching on Google Chrome!! It does seem browser issue since Firefox works flawlessly (not yet trying Opera since it is based Chromium as well LoL)

Mehh,,,still did the same thing after clear browser caching on Google Chrome!! It does seem browser issue since Firefox works flawlessly (not yet trying Opera since it is based Chromium as well LoL)

I've never had any issues using Google Chrome and the new MS Edge with RT-AC86Us.

OE

I had the same thing recently, and it was due to connecting via HTTPS. Randomly the UI would go white and I would have to refresh the page.

I reverted to using HTTP and the problem disappeared.

I did clear the cache of Edge Chromium and the issue's gone. Opera, Firefox work just fine, no blank white page nor UI issue in AiProtection but Google Chrome kept having the issue. I did clear cache, reset everything in Chrome, left panel white page appears in browsing Roaming Block List, Professional and worse in AiProtection all menue being displaced differently plus the circle progress kept running...I just stopped using Google Chrome to access the router page..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!