What's new

RT-AC87U 3.0.0.4.378_4839 beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Here is the changelog:

Changelog: Improve from 4825

I am not kidding or making a poor attempt at humor, that is the changelog that JK included in his post over at http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg. For the convenience of those of you who cannot access that site I have uploaded a copy to my Dropbox account. The link to download this new Beta from my Dropbox account is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8dd2u5r43zqld9/RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_4839-g2dad7cb.trx?dl=0

Hey, short question.
How is the throughput from WAN to LAN? I have a 1 Gb/s Internet-Connection, so it's important for me.

At the the Chart here at Snb is the throughput at 787.1 Mbps. But they test it with the Firmware 3.0.0.4.376_2061.

How it looks with the new Asus-Firmware? Or is it better with an other Firmware like Merlin? Have you any data for me?
thanks!

Hey, short question.
How is the throughput from WAN to LAN? I have a 1 Gb/s Internet-Connection, so it's important for me.

At the the Chart here at Snb is the throughput at 787.1 Mbps. But they test it with the Firmware 3.0.0.4.376_2061.

How it looks with the new Asus-Firmware? Or is it better with an other Firmware like Merlin? Have you any data for me?
thanks!
If you upgrading to newer firmware and you are require to do hard reset.

Best regard,
Very poor

Best regard,
Very poor
In this instance (Definitely not always true) Asus have told us specifically you just need to restart - no hard reset - and for me that has been fine. But of course, if you have any problems then hard reset and reload everything manually or using John's nvram tool.

Any feedback on 4839?
Seems identical to me, although a bit early to say! Someone in Singapore said the UI had changed but it looks identical to me; maybe it was a joke?!

4825 (and maybe this build) did a great job with wlan (especially 5Ghz), but both have a serious bug with the 5Ghz guest network (unusable here).

Best regard,
Very poor

Thx, but I do not have one, maybe i buy one but I need first some information about the throughput. My question is, can it be that the throughput WAN-LAN is better now, then it was with 2061?
Because 787.1 Mbps it's not so nice, when you have a 1 Gb/s WAN-Connection.

In this instance (Definitely not always true) Asus have told us specifically you just need to restart - no hard reset - and for me that has been fine. But of course, if you have any problems then hard reset and reload everything manually or using John's nvram tool.
As the user is starting from an old build then it is highly recommended if not a must. If otherwise you are on a more recent version then, as also indicated by ASUS, you do not need a reset.

Yes, I know that, but didn't read the guy's situation before posting. In fact when I first posted I thought it was you asking the question! It's a Monday and I hadn't had any coffee :D

Last edited:
Yes, I know that, but didn't read the guys situation before posting. In fact when I first posted I thought it was you asking the question! It's a Monday and I hadn't had any coffee :D

No problem :)

May i know your error code is came from main router right?
Mar 30 09:06:30 kernel: net_ratelimit: 20 callbacks suppressed
Mar 30 09:06:30 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 30 09:06:30 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address

Best regard,
Very Poor

No problem :)

May i know your error code is came from main router right?
Mar 30 09:06:30 kernel: net_ratelimit: 20 callbacks suppressed

Best regard,
Very Poor
This is my post to jk in Singapore about the 5Ghz guest network problem (yes, it's the main router having this problem)

The more interesting bit, IMO, is the bit where I just startup the 5Ghz guest network (shown twice in my log):
Code:
Mar 30 09:01:03 rc_service: httpd 644:notify_rc restart_wireless
Mar 30 09:01:09 CTF: STP enabled, disable FA
Mar 30 09:01:12 kernel: wl_module_init: passivemode set to 0x0
Mar 30 09:01:12 kernel: wl_module_init: txworkq set to 0x1
Mar 30 09:01:12 kernel: eth1: Broadcom BCM4360 802.11 Wireless Controller 6.37.14.86 (r456083)
Mar 30 09:01:12 kernel: br0: adding interface vlan4000 with same address as a received packet
Mar 30 09:01:15 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address

Last edited:
Thx, but I do not have one, maybe i buy one but I need first some information about the throughput. My question is, can it be that the throughput WAN-LAN is better now, then it was with 2061?
Because 787.1 Mbps it's not so nice, when you have a 1 Gb/s WAN-Connection.

i'm on 1gbps fiber.
my router ver is merlin.51(rt-ac87u), and wan-lan is over 850mbps with contant 50mbps(8mbps cctv * 6) lan to lan traffic. :)

Seems identical to me, although a bit early to say! Someone in Singapore said the UI had changed but it looks identical to me; maybe it was a joke?!

4825 (and maybe this build) did a great job with wlan (especially 5Ghz), but both have a serious bug with the 5Ghz guest network (unusable here).

The only real webui change I saw when I compared the actual webui files between 4825 and 4839 was related to QIS.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!