What's new

(RT-AC87U, 378.54_2) OpenVPN messing with other clients?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Xerial

Occasional Visitor
Hey guys,

So I tried to set up an OpenVPN client in my AC87U. Although it went very well, I am getting the error message below when browsing the web. Even when I used the policy to route the traffic of only one unit on my LAN through the VPN, other clients off the VPN got this error message as well

dns_probe_finished_bad_config

Any ideas? The configuration is attached.

Attachments

• openvpnconfiguration.jpg
    openvpnconfiguration.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 212
Hey guys,

So I tried to set up an OpenVPN client in my AC87U. Although it went very well, I am getting the error message below when browsing the web. Even when I used the policy to route the traffic of only one unit on my LAN through the VPN, other clients off the VPN got this error message as well

dns_probe_finished_bad_config

Any ideas? The configuration is attached.

Probably a conflict caused by the DNS configuration - you have it set to Exclusive, which means even your non-routed clients will try to use those servers. You will have to set it to "Relaxed", and manually configure DNSFilter with the tunnel provider's DNS for your clients that are using the tunnel.

Probably a conflict caused by the DNS configuration - you have it set to Exclusive, which means even your non-routed clients will try to use those servers. You will have to set it to "Relaxed", and manually configure DNSFilter with the tunnel provider's DNS for your clients that are using the tunnel.

You truly are the man, thanks!

Hey it's me again Merlin. So I set up an OpenVPN server as well and comnecting to it from my iPhone 6 is working splendidly. Now I'm trying to route my phone's traffic out through the OpenVPN client but it's not working. I put the phone's virtual ip in the policy table but then all my internet traffic stops. Any advise?