What's new

RT-AC87U 5GHZ issue and Samba Cloud Disk

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

neil Fargo

New Around Here
Hi there, thanx for allowing me to be a part of this community.

1. I have a RT-AC87U with FW 3.0.0.4.378_5134-gefca797, when I am downloading a lot at a fast rate on my laptop connected to the 5GHZ, my connection is 100Mbps, it drops the connection and I have to do a trouble shoot on the nic to get it to connect. The 2.4 works no problem. Any suggestions?

2. I have a 5TB Seagate external 3.0 USB and a LaCie 2TB 2.0 USB connected to my router. Now I was having a LOT of issues with this router and I finally got fed up and did a reset to factory and updated the firmware. Now when I go into "USB Application - Network Place (Samba) Share / Cloud Disk" I see both drives and I can add/delete folders on the LaCie but when I try on the Seagate all I get is "Add new folder in undefined", see attched screenshot. The Seagate was working fine before with the router but now I can't do anything with it. I have formatted it, used a partition tool and still no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanx

NF

Attachments

• samba.PNG
    samba.PNG
    17.6 KB · Views: 809
Update: Connected drive to pc and it shows the users set up on the Router but still no go on the creatin folders or anything :(

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    138.6 KB · Views: 438
Do a disk error check and make sure that the drive and enclosure are properly connected. You can also update seagate hard drive firmwares too.

Its also possible the router just doesnt support disks/partitions larger than 3TB.

Do a disk error check and make sure that the drive and enclosure are properly connected. You can also update seagate hard drive firmwares too.

Its also possible the router just doesnt support disks/partitions larger than 3TB.

Thanx for the response, I have checked the disks for errors and the router was seeing the 5TB before, just not now.

Thanx

try the 5TB disk on usb2 to see if it changes. SAMBA hasnt been easy on linux. you can also remove or change the permissions from windows with administrator privilages.

try the 5TB disk on usb2 to see if it changes. SAMBA hasnt been easy on linux. you can also remove or change the permissions from windows with administrator privilages.

Both drives work on the 2.0 and the LaCie works on the 3.0. I have created a folder on the 5TB from a pc and it shows in the GUI but unable to add/modify it. see screenshot

Thanx for the Help

Attachments

• samba.PNG
    samba.PNG
    121.5 KB · Views: 370
I did a health scan on it and came up with "Checking cluster allocation ... ERROR(12): Failed to setup allocation bitmap: Cannot allocate memory"

Interesting, I turned "Reducing USB 3.0 interference" on, and now I see that the Seagate is "Unmounted" see screenshot. Also when I go to "USB Application - Network Place (Samba) Share / Cloud Disk" and click on the Segate, there is a 1/2 circle spinning.

Attachments

• samba.PNG
    samba.PNG
    23.3 KB · Views: 692
Update: This is just getting weird. I unplugged the power and the USB to the drive for 1/2 hour. Plugged power in, waited 1 minute, plugged USB in, got to my lazy boy, logged into router and VOILA everything is working. Bizarre huh??

Now to figure out my 5GHZ problem. I wanna thank you all HUGE for the help, means a lot :)

I did a health scan on it and came up with "Checking cluster allocation ... ERROR(12): Failed to setup allocation bitmap: Cannot allocate memory"

There's not enough RAM on the router to do a full filesystem scan on those large disks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!