What's new

RT-AC87u firmware development

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Last update from Dezember, 12 here - has not stopped... :rolleyes:

Hello, according to I have read asus has no thought of continuing with the support for this model. If it is haci it seems a shame to me.

Regards!!!

There is no evidence from ASUS that they are still continuing the development on this router (last official update is from 2017/07/06).
To me that is a clear sign that development has been stopped, just not openly communicated so therefore, I have replaced mine with a AC86U.

It's also (currently) not on the list of routers that they are including in the AIMesh, which is another sign of no longer developing software for this router.

If I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath for this one any longer.

I submitted a case to Asus a couple of weeks ago asking 2 questions. Firstly would they be providing a firmware update based on the 384 code, and secondly would they be supporting AiMesh.
Apart from the automated e-mail response saying they would aim to get back to me in 48 hours I've heard nothing from them.

Unloaded and flaseado in my 87u, working without problems. My question is this is a beta version ????

Downloaded and testing it... seems to be working

EDIT: Media server, not working

Last edited: