What's new

RT-AC87U Quantenna NVRAM

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Oleksiy Lukyanchykov

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

While I was investigating why does 5GHz network not work, I accidentally erased NVRAM (flash_eraseall /dev/mtd1) on Quantenna SoC. After that the router can't find 5Ghz network at all (it says "5 GHz radio is not ready"). I believe that Linux can't boot on Quantenna now. Is there any way to fix that?

Have you tied the recovery mode? If not I would try .

mtd1 contains the uboot_env content, which is used for booting the firmware from the Broadcom tftpd server. I doubt this is user-recoverable unfortunately.

One thing that's worth trying is killing the Broadcom-side tftpd, and running it in debug mode. See if you can spot any download attempt from the QTN side of things.

Code:
killall tftpd
tftpd -d

mtd1 contains the uboot_env content, which is used for booting the firmware from the Broadcom tftpd server. I doubt this is user-recoverable unfortunately.

One thing that's worth trying is killing the Broadcom-side tftpd, and running it in debug mode. See if you can spot any download attempt from the QTN side of things.

Code:
killall tftpd
tftpd -d
@RMerlin, thank you for idea. Unfortunately I don't see any download attempt. Does Broadcom and Quantenna share same mtd? It seems like mtd5 is filled with zeroes. May be it is erased mtd1 on Quantenna?

@RMerlin, thank you for idea. Unfortunately I don't see any download attempt. Does Broadcom and Quantenna share same mtd? It seems like mtd5 is filled with zeroes. May be it is erased mtd1 on Quantenna?

No, it's a separate flash chip unfortunately, only accessible from the Quantenna SoC.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!