What's new

RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_7010 - Unofficial Beta firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

poor_poor

Regular Contributor
Download: http://goo.gl/KRDNMI

Changelog:
Update Tuxera filesystem kernel modules
Update Ai Protection signature into 1.054
Fix AiProtection alert mail issues
Fix DDNS name couldn't be saved issue
Fix 5G WPS pincode 12345670 issue
Fix DualWAN LED (RED)
Add 5Ghz diagnostics information
Fix UI issues

*Notice:
This is an unofficial beta release firmware and it contain bugs.
- After update the firmware, enter GUI > Administration > Restore/Save/Upload Setting > Factory default.
- Do not restore save settings

Well... i would like to know...which bugs does this firmware contains...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

gotta say, factor reset every update is getting pretty annoying. but I guess if it works in the end its all good

Think that these are betas and they keep implementing changes and fixes, so it make sense to do hard resets.
If not you can wait for the official release and check there if it's required a hard reset or not (which probably will be due to the new sdk driver)
In my case I do it even when it's not required, so it doesn't bother to me [emoji14]

Update: I'm unable to connect any device to the 5Ghz band

Replied through TapaTalk

Last edited:
I'm curious, what's this 5Ghz diagnostics information? Who's got the beta on already?

Interested to know too. This is probably the latest firmware I am gonna try before RMAing this crappy router.

I'm curious, what's this 5Ghz diagnostics information? Who's got the beta on already?

Couldn't find anything at least on the WebGUI, plus I can't connect any device to 5Ghz band, so I'll be rolling back to 6687 asap

All seems working great so far!!
On 2nd movie playback with beamforming on, 5GHz.

Couldn't find anything at least on the WebGUI, plus I can't connect any device to 5Ghz band, so I'll be rolling back to 6687 asap
Did you try to fix the 5 ghz band to a predefined channel?, I had this problem and the unique form to solve it was use the 40 channel or another one.

Yes, a reboot fixed it, here.
BUT: This means that due to the WPS bug, you are obliged to keep the 5Ghz WPS ON. Must be a new NSA requirement to facilitate access :D:p . Lets hope that the WPS pincode 12345670 issue is really fixed

Last edited:
Did you try to fix the 5 ghz band to a predefined channel?, I had this problem and the unique form to solve it was use the 40 channel or another one.

I'm going to try that to see if that works...

UPDATE: It didn't work...

Yes, a reboot fixed it, here.
BUT: This means that due to the WPS bug, you are obliged to keep the 5Ghz WPS ON. Must be a new NSA requirement to facilitate access :D[emoji14] . Lets hope that the WPS pincode 12345670 issue is really fixed

Well... I always turn WPS off, so that could be a reason too... lol

UPDATE: Enabling WPS worked. After enabling it my devices connected automatically.

Last edited:
3.0.0.4.378_7050have been compromised, whatthe next versionwill haveto repair5Gpart?

Download: http://goo.gl/KRDNMI

Changelog:
Update Tuxera filesystem kernel modules
Update Ai Protection signature into 1.054
Fix AiProtection alert mail issues
Fix DDNS name couldn't be saved issue
Fix 5G WPS pincode 12345670 issue
Fix DualWAN LED (RED)
Add 5Ghz diagnostics information
Fix UI issues

*Notice:
This is an unofficial beta release firmware and it contain bugs.
- After update the firmware, enter GUI > Administration > Restore/Save/Upload Setting > Factory default.
- Do not restore save settings
3.0.0.4.378_7050 have been compromised, what the next version will have to repair 5G part?

3.0.0.4.378_7050 have been compromised, what the next version will have to repair 5G part?

Don't understand what you're asking or trying to say.

Is there a 7050? I thought the latest beta is 7010.

Last edited:
I think he/she refers to the 5Gghz WPS bug, i.e. WPS on 5Ghz is ON even if it is reported OFF. With this firmware 7010 they added a new bug on-top, you cannot turn off WPS otherwise the 5Ghz will not work anymore. A reboot is always required to get 5Ghz back but you also get back the WPS ON for the 5Ghz).:)

I think he/she refers to the 5Gghz WPS bug, i.e. WPS on 5Ghz is ON even if it is reported OFF. With this firmware 7010 they added a new bug on-top, you cannot turn off WPS otherwise the 5Ghz will not work anymore. A reboot is always required to get 5Ghz back but you also get back the WPS ON for the 5Ghz).:)

How can you tell that WPS is on for 5GHz? When I look in the UI, I can only see 2.4Ghz and if I click the "Switch Frequency" button nothing happens...

You can't see it in the GUI but any WiFi analyzers will tell you. For example, you can use WI-FI ACRYLIC (free for personal use) to check it.

To turn-it off fully you first need to turn it on and then off again. This worked with previous firmware builds but not this one as 5ghz band will be dead up to the next reboot (which will "hiddenly" turn ON WPS for the 5ghz).

Right thanks fax.

Interesting point to note is that I was having some really weird issues on a couple of iPhones which I thought was related to wireless bugs people have been mentioning in here. However I've managed to fix this by disabling NAT acceleration on my device.

I will monitor over the next few days but so far with this new firmware and the changes above everything looks peachy. Might test this out on the latest Merlin build too...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!