What's new

RT-AC88U Drops Wireless connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Southernclipper

New Around Here
Router RT-AC88U I have been running Merlin 380.X version for a long time, the most stable code that I have ever run on this router. I started having some Wireless drag for a couple of weeks. So I decided to upgrade to the 384_5. I initialize the router upgraded the code and re-init again. The responsive was awesome, but after 18 hours the 2G Wireless dropped and I couldn't login to the 5G either. I power cycle and everything came back up. I only change set static addresses in the dhcp and port forwarding setting. I did not change anything else. I went ahead did the nvram clear and power cycled for good measure, everything was working. 18 hours later both the 2G and 5G dropped, power cycled again but this time the router disabled both 2G and 5G and I had to go into the setting to turn them back on. Not sure if there is any setting to try. I turned off everything in my office yesterday before I cleared the Nvram. I thinking to reverting back to the 380.x code for now. Unless there are any suggestions. I add my syslog file if that will help

its a known issue with the 384.x that it has buggy wireless drivers. either downgrade or wait for next release that has the updated drivers in the gpl sync

You could try(before downgrading) the 384.6 alpha 2 firmware. Many saying it works really great

Edit: also check treads on wireless problems there is some suggestions on settings that works better for some users
Edit:384.6 beta available

Last edited: