What's new

RT-AX88U Ai-Mesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

corgan2222

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

i just bought an Lyra to extend our WLAN and was woundering how to setup, because the AI-Mesh Button/Function is gone after installing asuswrt.
It is possible to use Ai-Mesh with asusmerlin installed and if yes, how to setup without the config page?

tnxs, greet

It is possible to use Ai-Mesh with asusmerlin installed and if yes, how to setup without the config page?
No. This is not supported in Asuswrt-Merlin.

Thanxs for the quick response!
But dammed.. We dont have wifi in 2 rooms. Any Idea how to extend the wifi?

You can purchase an extender, or you can use an old router in AP mode to connect it to your main router. I have my old n66u connected to my x88u as an AP, and it works great.

I haven't played with AiMesh or really looked into it but I'm assuming that it's similar to the AP mode setup.

Any Idea how to extend the wifi?
same as in the past 20 years, if LAN backhaul config nodes as AP otherwise via wifi in repeater mode.
If you only like to use Merlin but dont necessarily need it you can use AsusWRT!

I actually looked at the Lyra earlier. I had never seen it. Looking at the info it looks like it runs AsusWRT. So you should be able to connect the Lyra to your main router via AP mode like I do with my old router. You set it under the Administration menu. It's on the first tab.

I actually looked at the Lyra earlier. I had never seen it. Looking at the info it looks like it runs AsusWRT. So you should be able to connect the Lyra to your main router via AP mode like I do with my old router. You set it under the Administration menu. It's on the first tab.

Can't speak for all Lyra models, but I have a pair of Lyra Trio, and I used one as a temporary AP here, while sorting out a power management issue with my primary router. So these can definitely be configured as APs.

Hello,

i just bought an Lyra to extend our WLAN and was woundering how to setup, because the AI-Mesh Button/Function is gone after installing asuswrt.

tnxs, greet

You can enable and use AiMesh manually with Merlin. Just keep in mind that they do not provide support with problems. Here, however, it works great on a RT-AC86U :)

You can enable and use AiMesh manually with Merlin. Just keep in mind that they do not provide support with problems. Here, however, it works great on a RT-AC86U :)

dammed, just resend the lyra to amazon.. :) but thanxs for the info