What's new

RT-AX88U Intel AX211 Speeds / Cannot set 160Mhz Channel

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elfarto

Occasional Visitor
I have a RT-AX88U and and a RT-AC68U using AiMesh with latest AsusMerlin firmware , my laptop has an "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz" card and I noticed that after a couple of hours connected at 1201/1201 Mbps (router is 6ft from the laptop) the connection speed drops to ridiculously low speeds (I've seen 144/144Mbps), disabling and re-enabling wifi on the laptop resolves the issue.
While trying to debug i noticed that forcing the channel width to 160 Mhz seems to have no effect, my SSID is always shown to use 20Mhz on the router Site Survey Page (no other SSIDs around) no matter what I set on the router Wireless Settings. Any clues will be appreciated this is a problem that has haunted me for some time, even with other laptops using similar Intel AX Cards.

I have a RT-AX88U and and a RT-AC68U using AiMesh with latest AsusMerlin firmware , my laptop has an "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz" card and I noticed that after a couple of hours connected at 1201/1201 Mbps (router is 6ft from the laptop) the connection speed drops to ridiculously low speeds (I've seen 144/144Mbps), disabling and re-enabling wifi on the laptop resolves the issue.
While trying to debug i noticed that forcing the channel width to 160 Mhz seems to have no effect, my SSID is always shown to use 20Mhz on the router Site Survey Page (no other SSIDs around) no matter what I set on the router Wireless Settings. Any clues will be appreciated this is a problem that has haunted me for some time, even with other laptops using similar Intel AX Cards.
If you have changed any of the WIFI settings I recommend you go back to the defaults. Use Dual Band SmartConnect and set the channels to Auto. Use DFS if you want. For 5 GHz use 20, 40, 80, 160 MHz. Just 20 MHz on the 2.4 GHz is OK.

How does it behave with the AC68U node turned OFF.

OE

With the AC68U in mesh the AX88U will never do 160MHz on the 5GHz, no matter what setting you try. So you may as well just disable that.
When this slowdown is happening what is the cpu doing? What does the log tell you?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!