What's new

RT-AX88U random wifi drops

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gekko44

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,

From time to time my router (running latest merlin fw - btw @RMerlin thanks!) drops wifi connections - literally disables all wifi networks (but still accessible through lan) and after (ca.) 30-60 seconds wifi backs again. Any help? DFS is switched off. Log attached.
Oh, btw - in the log I got incorrect (May?) date logged - don't know where it comes from :-(

Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    27.1 KB · Views: 164
  • syslog.txt
    27.1 KB · Views: 193
  • wifi general.PNG
    wifi general.PNG
    32.1 KB · Views: 245
  • wifi prof.PNG
    wifi prof.PNG
    328.4 KB · Views: 215

Hi @RMerlin it took me a while but has to say that none of the following tips worked :(
Quick addendum, as I lack the time to maintain the original post:

In newer routers, if you experience wireless stability issues then it's recommended that you disable the following options:

• MU-MIMO (some hardware revisions have non-functional/unreliable implementations)
  • Airtime Fairness (causes connectivity issues for various devices, including wireless printers)
  • Universal Beamforming (non-standard, might cause compatibility issues with some clients)

What can I do now? Can You please help me out?

You may want to try the suggestions below to see if you can get your router back to a good/known state and let your router use the expected defaults of the firmware currently running on it.

I suggest you use RMerlin firmware 386.1 Beta 4 or later before doing the procedures below.

Fully Reset Router and Network

New M&M 2020

Further notes and suggestions in the link below.

L&LD | SmallNetBuilder Forums