What's new

RT-AX92U problem updating firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

crazyny

New Around Here
i have problem updating latest firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.6287. Currently i have 6204 installed. i checked for new firmware and node has been updated successfully but the router itself still shows 6204, i tried manual update but it tells me that "Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result fro, incorrect image or error transmission. Please check this version of firmware and try again."

I tried many times but after reboot still the same firmware 6204 (the system works fine after reboot). I contacted Asus, they said they will contact engineering team and let me know but after that they only change new firmware from 6285 to 6287( they removed 6285 for a few days and added 6287) but still i can't update the router, but the node updated successfully.

If you have any USB disk plugged in, reboot the router with no disk plugged (to free up as much RAM as possible), then try again.

Double check that you have the correct model, and also that you did unzip the firmware before uploading it manually. You should upload the file ending with .w.

i did check that and of course i did unzip the firmware. When i bought it i successfully updated to 6204 both the router and the node but cannot update router to 6287, node updated fine to 6287.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!