What's new

RT-N56U - printer stopped working properly after firmware upgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

O

Ormu

After upgrading firmware from 3.0.0.4.374.979 to 3.0.0.4.376.3754 the printer connected to the USB port of RT-N56U stopped working correctly. It often prints a few lines on one page, then continues on another even if it should not (e.g. printing an one-page document may give 2 sheets, one having a few lines and the other having the rest).

If the printer is connected directly to the computer, then it works properly.

I reset the router but it didn't help.

Has anyone experienced similar problems? Should I file a bug report to Asus?

When you reset the router, did you manually and minimally configure it to secure the router and connect to your ISP. Or, did you use a saved config file that you restored?

When you reset the router, did you manually and minimally configure it to secure the router and connect to your ISP. Or, did you use a saved config file that you restored?

I configured everything manually.

Try removing the printer from your OS settings. Power cycle the printer, reboot the PC and reinstall from scratch.

Try removing the printer from your OS settings. Power cycle the printer, reboot the PC and reinstall from scratch.

Done. After re-setup, Windows printer test page failed. Then I changed printing protocol from LPR to Raw, test page was successful but a two-sided PDF document failed. So looks like this did not help.

I will send a report if the problem persists.

Thanks to everyone for now.

do u already tried latest firmware?
there is newer firmware 3.0.0.4.378.4850
release note only mention : Add DDNS support method and tutorials on web interface when DDNS is not able to use in some areas.

I reported this, as well as the firewall problem, to Asus. Let's hope that they can do something...
Hi,
I wonder you are upgrading f/w for specific reason or because new one is there, just upgrade?
Unless I have valid reason to upgrade, I seldom upgrade f/w. IMO, it is silly just upgrading upgrade's
sake.

Yep, there were a few security fixes so I decided to update. While those were not critical in my case, I'd still like to have them fixed. I also expect that official firmware releases are thoroughly tested so that they do not introduce new bugs.