What's new

RT-N66U AP mode and IGMP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vercus

New Around Here
Good day!

I'm using a RT-N66U router with the latest Metlin firmware 380.57 in the AP mode, it is connected to another RT-N66U with the same firmware, working as a router.

I have 2 IPTV STBs by the local provider (besides other stuff), one connected ditectly to RT-N66U working as router, and it is doing great. The problem is in the second STB, connected to RT-N66U, working as AP.

As soon, as I'm switching the STB on, 2.4Ghz Wi-fi network from RT-N66U router working in AP mode becomes unavailable. It looks like this: my devices can see the signal if the Wi-Fi network (the signal strenght remains about the same), but are unable to connect to it (however, the 5Ghz network still can be connected, but working with significant decrease in speed). As soon as I turn off the STB - Wi-Fi is available and working great again.

I believe it is connected with IGMP proxy and IGMP snooping, more precisely - its absence in AP mode.

Could you please give me some advice, am I right and what should I do?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!