What's new

RT N66U - Bad Ethernet Ports

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LadyByrd

New Around Here
I have had the N66U for several years and it's been fantastic, but a couple of weeks ago some of my wired (we only have a few) devices stopped working - and when I checked the router, I could see that only one wired connection was receiving an IP address. After several days of troubleshooting, restarting/rebuilding the router settings, changing cables and other frustrations, I finally decided just to switch the ports, and voila - the problem is confirmed that ports 2&3 on the router are not working, but ports 1 &4 (one of which serves a switch) are working fine.

Weirdly, this happened after I updated to the latest ASUS Firmware. 3.0.0.4.378_9313-g53ab20f
(It seems unlikely that there is a connection, but thought I would post just in case anyone else has had a similar problem.)

I have had the N66U for several years and it's been fantastic, but a couple of weeks ago some of my wired (we only have a few) devices stopped working - and when I checked the router, I could see that only one wired connection was receiving an IP address. After several days of troubleshooting, restarting/rebuilding the router settings, changing cables and other frustrations, I finally decided just to switch the ports, and voila - the problem is confirmed that ports 2&3 on the router are not working, but ports 1 &4 (one of which serves a switch) are working fine.

Weirdly, this happened after I updated to the latest ASUS Firmware. 3.0.0.4.378_9313-g53ab20f
(It seems unlikely that there is a connection, but thought I would post just in case anyone else has had a similar problem.)

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

Did you follow the appropriate steps in the link above?