What's new

RT-N66U (Merlin Fork) - Schedule Times with Bandwidth Limiter?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Steve M.

Occasional Visitor
Greetings SNBForums:

Is it possible to set the bandwidth limiter on a MAC address according to a time schedule?

I have a Satellite Internet connection and from 3am to 8am service is unlimited (19Mbps down / 3Mbps up) and doesn't count against the ISPs metered connection.

After that we are back on the metered service (capped at 15GB/mo.) and if we go over our data cap, speeds slow to a crawl at 256Kbits/sec...

The thing is I have a repeater connecting to a Guest Network on the main Wireless Router but the bandwidth limiter goes by MAC address (at least when going through the Repeater) so it's all or nothing.

The repeater will not connect on both 2.4GHz & 5GHz, if it did I could have two MACs and different bandwidth limiter rules for both the 2.4GHz SSID & the 5GHz SSID.

Any feedback or suggestions on how to work around this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Steve M.

P.S.
A great QOS feature would be if the Wireless Router could calculate monthly bandwidth utilization towards a data cap and limit bandwidth accordingly, even prioritizing traffic...

You can't easily do it by MAC address, but you can easily turn the Bandwidth Limiter off/on according to your schedule.
Make a script
/jffs/scripts/services-start
with the following
Code:
#!/bin/sh
cru a LimiterOff "0 3 * * * /tmp/qos stop"
cru a LimiterOn "0 8 * * * /tmp/qos start"

Then reboot your router