What's new

RT-N66u No "guest network" setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dan.the.man

New Around Here
When I click on "guest Network" I get this screen instead of the normal setup screen.
Any ideas? total noob here...
thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 450
When I click on "guest Network" I get this screen instead of the normal setup screen.
Any ideas? total noob here...
thanks

That's weird. Have you updated the firmware and then reset the router before configuration?

OE

yes, new firmware 382_51640 and a factory reset

Correction: No, After FW and reset, and in order to fix a problem I have been working on for the last several days HERE I had to use a MAC Clone address. That is the only way I have been able to solve the above problem. Is that causing the guest network to act this way? Is there a way to fix it and still use the guest network?

Last edited:
yes, new firmware 382_51640 and a factory reset

Correction: No, After FW and reset, and in order to fix a problem I have been working on for the last several days HERE I had to use a MAC Clone address. That is the only way I have been able to solve the above problem. Is that causing the guest network to act this way? Is there a way to fix it and still use the guest network?

All I can suggest to do with weird firmware behavior is to start over:
o re-install the firmware;
o then perform a factory default reset;
o then re-configure minimally from scratch (no restore).

And then check it out.

OE

Same thing happened here, as of a few minutes ago. Updated the firmware and the whole guest network system disappeared. All that is left (at the Guest Network tab) is that same Facebook wifi garbage. I don’t use this very often, but I paid for it as an included feature, and apparently now Asus deliberately disabled it.

I was able to get the guest network setup using my phone and the ASUS app. The app seems to be a bit more robust lately, not sure of there was a big update but everything seems to be working now. You just need to use the phone app to get the guest network setup...

I was able to get the guest network setup using my phone and the ASUS app. The app seems to be a bit more robust lately, not sure of there was a big update but everything seems to be working now. You just need to use the phone app to get the guest network setup...

That's interesting, I updated to the latest firmware as well not long ago and didn't notice this problem. I usually go through all the settings all over again every time I update to make sure nothing was changed that would be a security issue.

I just re-logged in to check the guest network section and I could see that UI with the Facebook WiFi pop up for a split second before being replaced with my guest network config. Maybe since I already had a guest network configured it's not showing that Facebook UI for me and showing my configured Guest network? Maybe it's region dependent?

I have to admit ANYTHING Facebook related appearing in my router is a big turn-off for me. I wonder how much Facebook paid them to integrate that. I've been wanting to upgrade to an AC router to get faster local network performance over WiFi, might have to look into a different brand.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!