What's new

RT-N66U - QOS problem with IPv6 download speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

netkeys

New Around Here
I have a problem with IPv6 download speed. What ever the set QOS upload speed is becomes the download speed for IPv6.

My connection speeds are 105/20 with Comcast.

Here's an examples of what happens when Download is set to 125 Mb/s and upload is set to 25 Mb/s.

Resulting Speed Test:
Speedtest_Results_125-25-QOS.PNG

Here's an examples of what happens when Download is set to 125 Mb/s and upload is set to 125 Mb/s.

Resulting Speed Test:
Speedtest_Results_125-125-QOS.PNG

Now I have disabled QoS with the following results.

Resulting Speed Test:
Speedtest_Results_QOS_Off.PNG

There is another thread at Broadband Reports about this problem.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30146522-IPv6-ASUS-RT-N66U-QoS-Bug

Glad you reported this here i hope you can find some answers.

Glad you reported this here i hope you can find some answers.

Was able to recreate on my fork and think I have a fix (and need to make sure it will also cover PPPoE)....Kal-El (one of my favorite early testers :) ), can you recreate it?

Was able to recreate on my fork and think I have a fix (and need to make sure it will also cover PPPoE)....Kal-El (one of my favorite early testers :) ), can you recreate it?

Hi John i was unable to recreate the issue with my 68R. I enabled QOS and set upload to 8 and download to 75 and IPv6 speeds stayed were they should. In fact setting up QOS with v-12 didnt seem to do anything i still got my full speeds 90/12 despite the fact of setting it lower. Dont seem to be working properly with the fork. Adaptive QOS does work in Merlin latest build but did not try the v6 issue. Any ideas ?

The way normal QoS works you won't see any influence in the download numbers until you have multiple apps competing for the bandwidth. You should see some influence from the upload setting. Are you sure you really had it enabled? The on/off slider works a bit different that the rest of them. You have to hit save after changing the slider to activate the change.

The way normal QoS works you won't see any influence in the download numbers until you have multiple apps competing for the bandwidth. You should see some influence from the upload setting. Are you sure you really had it enabled? The on/off slider works a bit different that the rest of them. You have to hit save after changing the slider to activate the change.

Yep i slid it to on and entered the bandwidth numbers then hit save and the router rebooted. My normal upload is 12 so maybe setting it to 8 was not low enough to make a real difference.

EDIT: Ok tried again this time setting my upstream to 3 mbps and it now is limiting the bandwidth but the IPv6 speed s still working fine so this may be limited to the N66 because i am just not seeing the issue here with my 68R. Speed test link below with QOS turned on. Notice the upload speed is capped but IPv6 download is still very good.

http://results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/949510724.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone using my fork, I've put up a V13BETA which includes a fix for Q0S limiting IPv6 download speeds. Appreciate any feedback, good or bad.

Last edited:
My fork beta is not the same as Merlin's beta.....My fork is based off of 374 code (sticky at the top of the forum)

You build worked.

Here's with QoS on and download set to 125mb and upload set to 25mb.

954542784.png

Sorry about trying the wrong build.

Similar problem here using 378.55 on an AC68U. Only in my case IPV6 download speed seems to be limited to about half of the set QOS value.

998005144.png

Any chance we can get a fix for this in the main Merlin branch? I would prefer to keep the features of the new firmware releases rather than switching to John's fork. Also, thanks for all the work that goes into this great firmware.