What's new

RT-N66U Upgrade to Windows 10

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Van_de_Caab

New Around Here
I have a small home network operated through an RT-N66U. Three computers are connected via Internet and one by Wi-Fi. Internet connection is via a Billion modem with wired connection. I also have three phones/tablets connected by WiFi. The 4 computers were previously operating Windows 7 (2) and Windows 8.1(2). I have recently upgraded all 4 to Windows 10. Previously the network had set up with no problems at all basically using default settings.

After upgrading to Windows 10 the three Ethernet connected computers all communicate, connect to the internet and all shared folders and devices are operating. In Network and sharing centre these all show on one wired network. The Wireless and Internet connections work fine and the phones (Android) can also connect to the shared devices on the computers. All devices are seen as Clients by the Router.

However since the upgrade the Wireless, Windows 10 computer cannot connect to anything except the Internet. It shows only as being on a Wireless network. The Network sees the computer and it is listed both by the Router and Windows but when I try and connect to another computer from it I get the Windows message "You may not have permission to use this network resource - the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer"

I now seem to be required to provide some parameter probably in Windows 10, but maybe in the router, to link the wired and wireless parts of the network together. As I say it worked fine before. Any help appreciated.

Network type was "Private" (different in Windows 10) - previously checked and seemed to be set up OK. However managed to sort it out after a couple of hours playing with all the parameters in Network and Sharing Centre - and making sure the were set the same on all the computers. To be honest not sure which one was critical! Thanks for your help.