What's new

RT-N66U USB storage not mounting in 380.63_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Roy Janke

New Around Here
After installing version 380.63_2 my RT-N66U stopped mounting the USB storage. It appeared to recognize that it was there (32GB microSD in an adapter), however it reported it as "Unmounted" in the Network Map page.

To make sure that it wasn't my storage device that had gone bad, I was able to successfully mount it on my Windows 7 PC. I then downgraded my router back to 380.63 and the problem resolved.

Is this a known bug? If so, will it be addressed in the next version? (I can live with the downgrade if need be, it seems to function just fine for me. I just like staying on the latest version when possible.)

Thanks!

I can't see anything in the 63_2 changes to explain this. I can try reverting one USB-related change that shouldn't cause any problem to see what happens. So far, I'm unable to reproduce any of the reported USB issues with neither an RT-AC88U or an RT-AC68U.

I agree, it is strange that it would behave this way. I wonder if I were to perform a factory reset, then reinstall 63_2, perhaps something is getting caught up from doing sequential updates. The only downside is that I would lose may lose my configuration as restoring the settings may have something to do with it.

I can try that at some point this weekend. Then, if the USB storage mounts after the update, try my luck with restoring my settings. If the problem returns, I can always redo them after another reset.

I agree, it is strange that it would behave this way. I wonder if I were to perform a factory reset, then reinstall 63_2, perhaps something is getting caught up from doing sequential updates. The only downside is that I would lose may lose my configuration as restoring the settings may have something to do with it.

I can try that at some point this weekend. Then, if the USB storage mounts after the update, try my luck with restoring my settings. If the problem returns, I can always redo them after another reset.

Wait a few days. I should have a beta release with that change reverted real soon, you can see if it has any impact then.

Hey I was going through this forum and in another discussion it was mentioned that disabling usb 3 interference setting a lows more usb drives especially usb 3 to mount. I apologize I can't find the setting anymore so I can't guide you to it. Maybe someone more informed about the firmware can tell you where that setting is. I have backed the setting up so it still works for me when firmware changes but I wouldn't mind knowing where it is again. Just incase of reset and reconfigure demands.

Yup that's the one it helped my WD Passport usb 3 mount.

Thanks all! Sorry for the delayed response. My router does not have USB 3, BUT I just upgraded the firmware to 380.64 which was released just a few days after my initial post and RMerlin's response. I am happy to report that all is well and appears to be fully functional! I hope all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!