What's new

RT-N66U w/ Shibby 1.32 cutting Internet speed in half

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wazooda

New Around Here
Hey all,

Cox recently upped my Internet speed to 300mbps.

When I connect directly from a PC to the cable modem, I get the full 300 (and then some).

However, once I put my router right behind the modem, all my speed tests get knocked in half to 150mbps.

I tried removing everything else from the router and shutting off wifi and then ONLY connecting my PC to the router to eliminate all other variables and the problem remains.

This is an ASUS RT-N66U running the latest Shibby firmware.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

BTW - I should also point out that moving data on the Intranet is not a problem. I can move multi-gig movie files to my NAS and get around 700mbps sustained.

Whelp... solved me own problem.

As a last-ditch effort, I flashed the Merlin firmware to the router and problem solved!

So clearly it is a Shibby issue.

Whelp... solved me own problem.

As a last-ditch effort, I flashed the Merlin firmware to the router and problem solved!

So clearly it is a Shibby issue.
The issue is not Shibby per se but more that you disabled the cut through forwarding. Shibby does not support it at all. If you enable QOS or any transforms in Merlin firmware the performance will be exactly the same.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!