What's new

RT-N66U_380.62_0 OpenVpn Client - Username Reset & IP/Routing conflict error

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Praveen Johri

New Around Here
Hello,
I just flashed the firmware to be able to use selective policy based openvpn client connection.

I noticed that the vpn username after applying the settings comes back to router admin user name and password, is this a bug? in the instance if the connection is broken and it tries to connect again it will use the default admin user but not the vpn user..this is a problem. can this be fixed?

Also, once the connection is established I see this IP/Routing conflict as status but in system log connection appears fine, another bug??

My purpose to use Merlin firmware is defeated if I have to connect everytime manually to update correct user name, does anyone else have this issue?

Is it possible to do policies not just based on IPor hosts but also include ports? I want to route only specific applications I am using on my server through VPN for rest normal connection is needed. - is this achievable, feature request?

-Praveen

I noticed that the vpn username after applying the settings comes back to router admin user name and password, is this a bug?

Your browser autofill playing tricks on you. I forced a few pages to reject autofill, but there might still be a few pages subject to it.

Is it possible to do policies not just based on IPor hosts but also include ports? I want to route only specific applications I am using on my server through VPN for rest normal connection is needed. - is this achievable, feature request?

No. Policy-based routing is based on routing, which occurs at the IP level, not on the TCP level. The kernel's routing database has no concept of ports or applications.

Your browser autofill playing tricks on you. I forced a few pages to reject autofill, but there might still be a few pages subject to it.

You are spot on, I tried on different browser and it appeared fine.

once the connection is established I see this IP/Routing conflict as status but in system log connection appears fine, how do i resolve this?

Btw, appreciate your time and effort on doing this for community.