What's new

Running 380.62 on AC88U overclock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

akb

I was able to set 1600,800 on my router until I put this version on. Is there something I am missing? Currently when I boot up, it defaults to some horrible low clock for protection is my guess. any advice please. I put a leaf blower fan on the router as it sits in my network closet so it is cooled really well.

I was able to set 1600,800 on my router until I put this version on. Is there something I am missing? Currently when I boot up, it defaults to some horrible low clock for protection is my guess. any advice please. I put a leaf blower fan on the router as it sits in my network closet so it is cooled really well.
Since no other changes were applied than the GUI bugfixes, it couldn't have been this verion only...

Which version did you run before the update?

What I would be doing if I was overclocking equipment is before any firmware upgrades, set the clocks to defaults. Perform the upgrade to the new firmware and after a few reboots and leaving the router settle for a few minutes (at least 10 minutes), then set the overclocked settings again.

If you flashed with the overclocked settings, I think something got borked then.

Since some releases the overclocking gets reset on boot by the firmware - a solution to overcome the reset to default is discussed here (plus subsequent links the posting) - it still should work... :rolleyes:

Good luck with getting it at 1600Mhz Stable with some of the newer firmwares as it actually makes the router slower :/

Good luck with getting it at 1600Mhz Stable with some of the newer firmwares as it actually makes the router slower :/

This is it, I went from an old firmware where 1600 worked great, but I rather trade the stability in 380.62 then a overclock on a already high clocked router. Hopefully someone will find a workaround as I did notice my attached ssd, performance was much better on a higher clock.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!