What's new

Samba Acess - "The stub received bad data"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

talent

Occasional Visitor
Hi there everyone! This is my first post. Hope some could help me with these!
I have a AC68U with latest Asus Merlin Firmware. I plugged in a 1TB usb3 disk in the usb 3 port and activate samba share. While connecting with anonymous login i have no problema accessing the folders within WORKGROUP. If i disable the anonymous acess and set any user (admin per exemple) with acess RW to all folders i get the following error when trying to open the share:

--------------------

Open Folder //appears in the title of the window//

\\COMPUTER-NAME is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The stub received bad data.

------------------------

Cannot access from wired PC directly to the router (using same WORKGROUP) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bits.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi ColinTaylor! Tkz for you reply! i indeed try to reboot the pc several times without any solution. I don't know if this is a issue with Windows but with the same pc i am able to acess other user/password computers at work. In that ocasion a box requesting username plus password apear. Any help would be apreciated.

I made a test with another PC in the network (Wired) with Windows 7 64 Bits and i still got the exact same error. On the same network i have other pc's sharing files (username/password protected) and i am able to login properly.

I'm assuming that the disk is formatted NTFS and you set it up on one of your PCs before attaching it to the router?

If so, try reconnecting it to the PC and make sure the ownership of the drive is set to the userid that you want to use to access the drive.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. And thanks for posting the link for others to follow!