What's new

Scheduled reboot not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

r0ck0

New Around Here
On my RT-AC68U with the official asus firmware anything that is based on a timer is not working, DDNS updates, wifi scheduler, reboot scheduler. When I set the reboot schedule nothing happens when the time comes. I see this in the logs when I make a change to the schedule:

Feb 25 19:45:52 hour monitor: daemon is starting
Feb 25 19:45:52 hour monitor: daemon terminates

Should the daemon terminate? Any way I can see what is causing it to stop or force it to run properly?

I've tried a hard reset of the router and running the latest version of the firmware, this has been going on for as long as I remember and in all previous firmware versions. Is there anything I can do to force this to work?

I did use telnet to set a one time cron job to reboot at a set time so I know that works, but I would like the web gui scheduled items to work.

Is there any diagnostic I can run via telnet or web?

Thanks

1. check your NTP, your ntp sync isn't ready
2. if your NTP still fail, try to check your DNS setting to make ntp normal
3. due to ntp_ready=0, so hour_monitor and schedule reboot can't work (they need to check timestamp)

Thanks,
Vanic

1. check your NTP, your ntp sync isn't ready
2. if your NTP still fail, try to check your DNS setting to make ntp normal
3. due to ntp_ready=0, so hour_monitor and schedule reboot can't work (they need to check timestamp)

Thanks,
Vanic

Thanks for the advice but the NTP service is running properly and syncing. After I do the NTP sync the scheduled reboot still fails.

admin@(none):/tmp/home/root# ntpclient -h pool.ntp.org -s
setup_receive:: bind...
setup_transmit:: connect...

send packet OK!
Recvfrom pack_len= 48, incoming= 1500
call udp_handle
UDP_handle: 48
[ntpclient] set time to 1488429834.671970

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!