What's new

Seagate Debuts Five Small-Biz NASes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I agree. I still use their Mybooklive 2TB for the home network and for the most part has been stable. I hope someone besides Synology and Qnap has a decent economy NAS for the home.

Both companies have a 1 bay NAS that is quite inexpensive and has the same good NAS management software is the larger ones.

I agree. I still use their Mybooklive 2TB for the home network and for the most part has been stable. I hope someone besides Synology and Qnap has a decent economy NAS for the home.

It depends on what kind of usage you're looking at.

I had a Buffalo Linkstation LS-VL for about 4 years and for an economy NAS (1TB integrated drive for ~$175) it was dependable. It wasn't fast and it wasn't overly taxed either.

I replaced it with a ZyXEL NSA310 and I've been using it fine for a couple of weeks. However, as I started turning up machines for backup and enabling stuff like DLNA, the CPU usage started creeping up. With a lot going over the network, the performance degradation becomes noticeable.

I'm going back to the QNAP TS112P. I tried one for about a week and decided it was more than what I needed but I learned my lesson the hard way.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!