What's new

Secondary Router for Parental controls?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gffmac

Regular Contributor
I currently have an AC68U and N66U and I want to use the N66U for devices I want to have reliable parental control over (NAT Acceleration disabled). I obviously want to leave NAT Acceleration enabled on the AC68U. Would I have to have a different subnet for the N66U and DHCP enabled etc for this to work? if so I presume that would hamper sharing between the two subnets, my file shares from my main router and PC's connected to the AC68U for instance and vice versa.

Thanks.

This has been asked/answered a ton of times - search is your friend - but basically if you set up the second router as a NAT'ed router, you'll have a fair amount of control over devices using that router for access..

This has been asked/answered a ton of times - search is your friend - but basically if you set up the second router as a NAT'ed router, you'll have a fair amount of control over devices using that router for access..
Thanks for the little tip, I'll try and hunt something down.

Ill try over the weekend the following:
Set ip of secondary router to 192.168.1.2, disable firewall, disable dhcp, disable nat acceleration, connect the routers lan to lan, enable parental controls on second router test out time restrictions for wireless and wired connections to second router. DHCP range on main router starting at 192.168.1.3.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!