What's new

Secure on-prem hosting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LRP

New Around Here
Hello,

I'm a software developer but need now to set up an on-prem testing/staging/deployment network. I have Linux skills and have been managing a simple LAN for many years. I've been reading everything I can find on the net re network management, get the basic ideas, but still feel uneasy.

I have a static FIOS IP address. I would like to set up a three-zone network: DMZ for web servers; Dev for development, testing, and staging systems, and NAS for dev files and back up. I don't expect high web traffic, but want a plan in place to move websites to the cloud efficiently if traffic warrants. Meanwhile, I need to keep monthly overhead minimal.

I do understand that I'll need a proxy server to host more than one website.

The network will support several NUCs, an Antsle server, and a Synology DNS481play NAS.

I have two pieces of network gear that may help but I don't understand if I need one, both, or something else:

-- A Protectdli Model FW108 120 with pfSense
-- Ubiquiti EdgeRouter LITE

I'd much appreciate any help in defining the architecture and any security precautions I need to build the network I need.

Many thanks,

LRP

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!