What's new

Shows WAN disconnected when OpenVPN client active

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joikabollefinn

New Around Here
Hi! I have an AC-RT87U with Merlin, running version 384.7_2.
I have setup an OpenVPN-client for connecting to Mullvad VPN. When I connect, the network map shows that my WAN is disconnected, but most of my clients still has an internetconnection.
Might not seem like any issue, but my experience is that some of my clients (musicstreaming, AppleTV etc) randomly has issues with connecting to services. I am no expert in networking whatsoever, so I cant explain any more. But please ask for info og anything is needed, and I will do my best to gather it.

I use policy rulles (strict) with one client forced to use VPN.
When I change the policy rule to All, the network map shows connected. And the same when turning off the vpn-client. The latter might need a router reboot.

I am using Mullvad DNS servers in my general WAN settings, so tried adding Google DNS also, but still same issue.

This issue was introduced in either version 384.6 or 384.7, as I tried flashing back to 384.5, and then this is no issue.